Every kit purchased will receive a complimentary Black Digital Thermometer valued at $15.
The ideal gift for the new cheesemaker.Cheeses that are easy to make and impress your friends.
The Make Halloumi and Mozzarella plus several additional kinds of cheese kit has been developed by Graham Redhead, one of Australia’s most accomplished cheesemakers. Graham has taught commercial and home cheesemakers in Australia and overseas for many years. That experience has been used to formulate recipes for this kit that are detailed but also are easy to follow and more importantly make great cheese. The six cheesemaking kits are made from the best equipment and ingredients available. Each of the kits will make hundreds of cheeses.
This kit will allow you to make:
- Halloumi – the traditional rectangular halloumi hoop will allow you to make 500 grams of halloumi cheese each time, from 3 litres of milk. Some halloumi can be very salty but with this recipe, you can adjust the salt levels to your liking and also have the option to add mint.
- Fresh Mozzarella – eaten fresh straight after stretching, when this cheese is at its best, however you may choose to store some in cold brine for later use or make a few batches and freeze the leftovers for pizza night.
- Burrata – if you can make mozzarella, with a little bit of extra work, make a pouch of Burrata. Add extra thick cream and strips of mozzarella to the inside of the pouch, and then refrigerate. Be amazed with the flavour as the contents ooze across your plate when it is time to eat.
- Cultured Butter Milk Ricotta plus Cultured Butter Milk– this is a mild but soft and tasty cheese with the cultured flavour, eat fresh and warm or refrigerate for later. The remaining cultured buttermilk is the same as what you purchase from a supermarket but made with full cream milk and tastier and fresher. Great for scones and pancakes.
- Cultured and or Salted Butter – you determine the culture level of the butter, from no culture to a mild culture to a strong culture. Then you decide on no salt, light salt or fully salted. Then to decide to wash or no wash the butter to maximise the butter flavour.
- Crème Fraiche – While you are making butter, with no additional work, why not make a Crème Fraiche at the same time.
- Whey Ricotta – the premium of all the ricottas, very soft and delicate. But you need to make halloumi or mozzarella cheese to have the whey to make whey ricotta.
All these cheeses that can be made with this kit are extremely easy to make and do not require any previous cheesemaking experience.
This cheese making kit will have you making cheese that you can eat straight away and some cheese that you can store in your fridge and eat in a few days or in a few weeks.
The only items that you need to purchase is pasteurised not homogenized milk and depending on the recipe some supermarket cream.
This kit will contain the following items:
- M244 culture – small
- MTR culture – small
- Lipase – small
- Rennet – 20ml
- Calcium chloride – 50ml
- Halloumi hoop x 1
- Min measuring spoons – 1 set
- Mozzarella stretching gloves inner – 1 pair
- Mozzarella stretching gloves outer – 1 pair
- Dial thermometer x 1
- Citric acid – 50g
- Syringes x 4
- Iodine sanitiser – 50ml