- Natural sea salt produced in Australia by solar evaporation and then kiln dried.
- The texture is very fine crystal. This will ensure very rapid dissolving onto cheese or into brines.
- It is refined by washing with clean saturated brine to remove surface impurities, drained of excess moisture, dried and mesh screened to approximately size of 0.2 to 0.3mm.
- Complies with Australian New Zealand Food Standards Code 2.10.2.
- Crystal is transparent to white opaque solid. The salt may contain occasional minute inclusions of extraneous matter from the crystal growing environment. This extraneous matter may manifest itself as black specks or a light-coloured material, neither of which is harmful in any way.
- 5% NaCl.
- Contains no anticaking or free-flowing additives or conditioners. This may cause some clumping over time, but clumps are very easily broken down.
- This salt does not have a shelf life in the traditional sense. Salt will not spoil or support pathogenic growth.
- Premium grade used by commercial cheesemakers in Australia.
- Cheesemaking Kits
- Gift Vouchers